Saturday, December 25, 2010

Getting to know Max

In first grade we had a class pet. His name was Max. Max was a python. I vividly remembered sitting in a circle while our first grade teacher got Max out and we all got to hold him. Max taught me not to fear snakes. Fearing the unknown is something that is naturally built into us. It is how we survive.  But I knew Max and Max no longer was the unknown.
  "Remember that pet snake your teacher used to have?" My mom remembered the other day.  I had forgotten about Max. I must of have talked to her ear off about Max that year, she knew he was a big deal to me and the lesson that Max had taught me. 
 Today there is a lot of unknowns in my life.  They say its just a season but I still am wanting to know...                      What will I do?             How will I earn a living?       How will I stabilize my life?                Who will I influence?
 The uknowns and the question marks are sometimes suspend me into doing nothing.  I know however that I must take the steps, still in a circle and to get to know Max once again.

This blog will be my insights, memories and adventures of getting to know Max. 

No comments:

Post a Comment